Friday, August 20, 2010

New discoveries....


Hello, ALL

Sooo, I know the last time I was on here I was ranting and raving about not liking my SL and all of the issues, etc. Well, this post won't be like that, although I still am learning to like my SL more each day.

As a DIYer, I am loving the control I once again have over my hair. I notice the changes more and I am more aware of how to fix things. I've taken care of my hair for years before and I don't see how this experience would be any different.

I do loathe washing my hair....not because I don't like clean hair, but because I hate braiding and banding. I seriously don't think my hair gets "clean" but I did wash my hair without doing so and I got a little slippage going on...but it was well worth it.

So last night when I washed my hair, I braided and banded with little "balls". I know, I know, you're probably like, what is that? I attached a picture for all those that know the correct name of them LOL. This was soo much easier! No rubber bands to cut (I cut a lock off once trying to get a rubber band out) and no clips to come apart.

My wash time was reduced and I don't mind it that much anymore.

Next, task is to find a light moisturizer that also has a nice smell. I've been outside a lot this summer enjoying the weather and I do not like the way my hair smells. It's been 8 months and I haven't put anything in my hair except water....I think its time!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Sisterlock troubles.

    I will try to answer your question by saying that yes, there are those of us who love our Sisterlocks all the time. I know I do. I even love washing it. I don't ever braid it or band it. In fact, I can't when it is wet because it will never dry. I am also afraid of mold or something if it stays wet.

    I don't do a lot with my hair in terms of styling. I just let it hang and blow in the breeze. I use a headband sometimes to keep it out of my face and my food and use ponytail holders. Other than that me and my hair are a wash-N-go team.

    ReplyDelete